Week #5

Home Forums Weekly Topics Week 5 Week #5

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  lindsay.defilippis@stonybrook.edu 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

My partner, Lynn, and I have talked about 음식 before. I showed her a picture of the 김밥 I made. It tasted good, but it wasn’t very pretty. I told her that Italian food is my favorite. I also mentioned that I like 햄버거. Lynn told me that her goal when she comes to 미국 is to eat a “real” hamburger. She has seen pictures and she wants to have the full American experience. I’m not a great cook, but she said that she can make some of her favorite dishes like 볶음밥 (fried rice) with 김치. She also likes pasta. When I asked her about methods of preparation or eating, she mentioned that family dinners are very important. Here in America, families are often too busy and don’t have time to sit down to a family dinner every night. She also said that they don’t typically use plates. Each person has a rice and soup bowl, but the side dishes are shared amongst everyone at the table. Of course, she mentioned the low table and sitting on the floor, but it is also common for many people in Korea to have western dining tables.

We both like dessert and sweet foods. She was eating a brownie and milk when we were talking on skype. She taught me the word for milk: 우유
    And now I’m hungry haha

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.