- To login with your Net ID click “Login with Net ID” on the login page.
- Make sure to log out if you are on a shared computer.
How to use the Forums:
- Sub-forums: The forum page is organized into sub-forums that best categorizes the posts the users will be making. For example, the “Introduce Yourself” is a sub-forum for personal introductions.
- Topics: Topics are the content of the forum. Users create topics on the forum. To create a topic simply scroll to the bottom of the sub-forum that best fits what you will be posting. There you will see the form.
- Posts: Posts are the comments under a topic page.
- Reply: If you are replying to the topic, simply scroll to the bottom on the topic page you want to reply to. If you are replying to a post, click on the reply button on the top corner of each post.
- Add Images: Adding images until a future update requires you to upload the image to an outside source (such as Flicker or Google Photos). Make sure the photo is viewable to the public. Then navigate to the photo.
- “right click” on the photo on Windows or “cntrl + click” on Mac.
- Click “img” button on top of the create new topic or reply form
- Paste the image link.
- Click OK and fill in a description for the photo.
- The editor will insert this code: <img src=”image url” alt=”image description” />. This is an HTML tag that tells the browser to display the image.
- Delete your own post or topic: Simply click on edit on topic right corner of your post or topic and place “DELETE” on the content text box to let the moderator know to delete it.
Moderating the forum (authorized accounts only):
- The option to delete, stick the post or stick it to the front, delete can be found on the top right corner of every post and topic.
- Sticking a topic will keep it at the top of the page sub-forum. Press “STICK” to do this. Note that “STICK” and “(TO FRONT)” are two separate buttons on the same column!
- Sticking a topic to front will keep it at the top of every sub-forum. Please do not use this feature unless it is necessary.
How to use post on the blog:
- If you would like to post, contact the professor.
- Scroll down to the footer and click “Backend.” There is a section for posts, which are the blog posts on the home page. You can edit, create, and publish posts. “Backend” only works for authorized users.